Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Monday, January 9, 2012

An Apology and Recent Thoughts

It's been a long time since I last blogged. To my few readers, I am sorry. During the month of November I was working on a novel and well, life got in the way. I have a different job, again, and also have a job interview on Wednesday for yet another job. I am excited about the new job possibility, but I feel as though I have yet to accomplish what God has for me to do where I am at now. The job that I am at now is in no way one that I want to stay at forever, but I believe that God has me there for at least one specific reason.

I have continually been complimented on my positive attitude and demeanor, even when people are rude or confrontational to me, often about things that are out of my control. One co-worker has commented, several times, that I am "always joyful." I am not, but he hasn't yet seen me in an alternate state of mind. He once asked me why and I didn't really answer him. I am not really sure why. I know the source of my joy, it is God. It is the relationship that I have with Him that colors every part of my life. Galatians 5:22-23 says that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Most of the time, I think I exhibit these traits. However, like all people, I have moments when I forget what is truly important in favor of some selfish ambition. It's something I am often ashamed of quickly after it happens. It hurts me that I hurt Him and yet it happens more often than I'd care to admit.

So, to those who think that I am perfect, I am not. I am, however, trying to serve God with all of my heart, mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment