Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, September 21, 2012

Wide

"Deep and wide, deep and wide, there's a fountain flowing deep and wide..." You may or may not remember that song as a Sunday School favorite. I've sometimes learned that songs that I sang ALL THE TIME in SS, others did not, and vice-versa. So, I guess this word will force me to take a look at my own spiritual life and examine whether or not it truly is deep and wide? Does my faith permeate every decision that I make, and then take wings and reach out to others? If I am honest with myself, not as much as it should, I don't think.

I am comfortable talking about my faith, my co-workers know that I go to church, where I go to church, and that I help teach a kid's SS school class. I am comfortable practicing my faith, in small ways, at least. Most of the time this is recognized as simply "kindness." Not a bad thing, but anyone can be kind. And I don't want to be pushy, so I often wait for the right time, the right words, the right way to say, "You need Christ." Maybe that's a good thing. A Pastor friend of mine wrote on facebook this week, "Saying to a pre-Christian that they need Jesus is like saying to someone who doesn't yet know that they are diabetic that they need insulin." So, what do you think, is that an excuse, or a valid statement?

5 comments:

  1. I am not one of those that can easily 'lead people to Christ', although everyone knows I rely on Jesus for my sanity in a very hectic world. I feel similarly about behaviour - you cannot expect a non christian to live by christian rules... so don't feel hurt when they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, and that's where Christians often get in trouble.

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! I have mixed moments about sharing my faith. Sometimes it feels 'right' and sometimes I feel timid about it.

    I saw on another blog you were from Kansas. I grew up in the Southeast corner outside of Wichita. I'm now in the Carolinas. I really enjoyed your post. I'll be back. :) Thanks for sharing. Visiting from 5mF. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that's the Holy Spirit, He knows when the right time is, when we are to plant seeds and when we are to be used to bring the harvest. PTL! I currently live in Kansas, but grew up in upstate NY. However, I have more friends in the Carolinas than I do in any other place I haven't lived in; people I have met all over the country who now live there. :-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, and also to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete