Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interview and Other Events

I had an interview this morning. I think that it went really well. I heard a lot of "outstanding," "awesome," "great," etc. from the interviewer. When I told him that I was going to be in NY part of next week and the week after, he jotted that down, so that he would recall that. Can I tell you, though, I hate interviewing! I know that I can do the job, no problem, it's getting through the interview process that's the problem. I guess, I hate to brag about myself and what I've done in the past. But, I think I did really well on this interview, and I wasn't nearly as nervous as I usually am. I think part of it is that I have more experience than most people who are likely to interview for the position, so I am not going into it feeling like I am at a disadvantage.

So, as I said, I am going to NY, actually a week from today, very early in the AM...I have to be at the airport at like 5ish AM and I should be with my parents by lunch time. I haven't been "home" in about 18 months and I haven't seen my 2 nieces that live there since then, either. They are now 5 and almost 11, so I am sure that they have grown a lot. I hear stories, but I have not been able to spend any time with them, so that will be exciting. I will also be seeing my brother get married. He's the last of my siblings to "tie the knot" and also the youngest in the family. It's going to be a very small, family only, wedding in the bride's mom's backyard followed by a BBQ. I am sure that the trip will be great and some part of me will not want to come back to the midwest, while another part of me can't wait to get home to see Ben and the cats. In other words, it'll be like every time I've gone back and forth since I met Ben, I'll have tears both ways. I know, I'm a sap, it's just the way that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment