Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, June 10, 2011

Lost

No, not the reality TV show. Me. I am directionally challenged. Just ask my husband. It's bad. The moving around doesn't help any, because then I have to learn how to get around a new city/area every time we move. I've actually not done too bad here in Topeka, even though there are a lot of named streets. I even was able to tell Ben where something was one day--and he is not directionally challenged and he was here 5.5 months before I was! I was pretty impressed with myself, actuallyI however did get lost tonight. Actually, I knew how to get home without a problem from my original destination, I was just trying to get from one destination to another and took a wrong turn, which, if I had looked at the compass in my car I would have known immediately, but I was too busy looking for landmarks that I knew. Oh well, I made it and I only went about a mile out of my way, so overall not that bad.

There are other ways that I sometimes seem lost, though. I often, especially these days, with no job and all feel lost or without purpose. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW that my purpose is not in what I do for money, but what I do for Christ, but that seems to wane in the beginning of each move, as well. I tend to practice life-style evangelism, that is befriending people and getting to know them first, not just walking up to random people and telling them that they need Jesus or something. It seems to work better that way for me. Although, I do have to say that I gave my testimony to a group of teenagers my senior year of high school and I know that at least one person in that room gave their life to Christ that night. I actually didn't find that out until he told me 4 years later when I was giving him a tour of Houghton College, of which we are now both alumni. He is now a Chaplain at a homeless shelter in Maine, I believe. How cool is that? But, as far as I know, he's the only one that I've led to Christ in quite that manner, most have been through camps I was a counselor at, or Children's Church or Sunday School classes that I was teaching or something of that manner, plus a couple of friends here and there that were kind of random. I have no doubt that God will again use me to His glory, it's just that at this time, I feel a little, well, lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment