Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome

Man plans, God laughs. While I used this phrase to start our last Christmas letter (which was sent around New Year’s) upon further reflection it could describe much of my life. I am sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. When we are young, we set out these goals, these dreams, sure that we will be able to fulfill all of them. As we get older and “life happens” we understand that the path is not so straight, that the twists and turns and setbacks along the way will make these things more difficult to achieve. There are times I wonder whether I was really listening to God when I made those plans, as my life in the present seems so off base. Other times, I wonder about Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Am I not trusting Him now or did I not at some critical point that changed the course of my life? Or is it just that what I understand to be my path is not His? Really, I have no answers. All I know is that where I am is a far cry from where I thought I’d be.

I have often needed to write out my thoughts to help me process them. By making them public, I am inviting you into my world. Feel free to comment and make it a discussion. We do not live in a bubble, our lives are affected by and do effect those around us and sometimes go far beyond what we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment