Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life, Outside the Home

I haven't left the apartment very much lately. Going to the store for a few things has been about it, unless Ben is with me. Today, though, I went a few places, and had a little fun, spending no money except for the gas in my car. It was a good day. One I felt alive in.

So, my interview today went quite well. Well enough, at least, that I got called sometime shortly after I left to come back for awhile in the afternoon and play some more with another group of kids. lol This is a good thing, though the person doing the hiring did say that she had other candidates to interview yet. But, I figured if I wasn't in the running, there was no reason to call me and ask me to spend time with another group of kids. If I get this job, there are two little boys that I will have to keep my eye on, but such is the nature of life. I don't know that these little boys are quite as impish as my nephews, but they definitely could get themselves hurt if no one's watching. One of the girls reminded me of the boy's sister, which means she's quiet and sweet...though this one doesn't seem to like the computer as much as my niece! lol

Between my two trips to the center, I did some window shopping. I didn't buy anything, I just kind of walked around a few stores and got some ideas, mainly for when I have a little more money (i.e. after I have a job). lol I love to window shop! My husband thinks I am insane for this, I know, but I'd rather window shop than go into a store looking for something specific...especially clothing for me. That's no fun at all! I don't know if it's a pressure thing or what, but I hate it. So, after I came home the second time I made dinner for Ben and I-beef fajitas, which I really like and he doesn't so much. I did them a different way this time, and they weren't my favorite, either. I like the old way better. You live and learn.

After dinner, I went to Lake Shawnee Park and took a long walk...over 2 miles. Prayed, read my Bible, and took some pictures of water, flowers and such. Should you really be that interested in seeing them, you can find them on deviantart.com under hopefaithjoy. All in all, I felt more "alive" today than I have in a long time, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment