Every experience God gives us, every person that He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teary Eyes

I don't know if this happens to you, but it does to me; I'll be doing whatever and see or hear something and tears will jump into my eyes (to steal a phrase from my 6 year old niece). Today, this happened to me. Now, I wasn't in the best frame of mind since I learned that the sale on the house definitely fell through today, but what I was seeing at the time had nothing to do with it and I wasn't particularly thinking about it at the time, either. I was driving to the grocery store for a few things and the neighborhood kids were getting off of the school bus after their first day of school. I am not sure what the problem with this was. Whether it was the fact that I don't have kids (but want to), the fact that we were thinking about hosting a foreign exchange student this year and ended up not being able to because of the job loss and move, or the fact that I don't at this moment have a job working with kids in any capacity, I really don't know.

I do have an interview for a job working at a day care center on Thursday, which is a job that will have me working with kids, but is a distant second to the other working with kids job that I have applied for. I won't hear if I'm even being considered for that job until sometime after Sept. 1, though. The day care center job I am somewhat over qualified for, but I have been over qualified for other jobs and not gotten them, so I am not going into this thinking I am a shoo-in. As for the other job, I am not sure that I am exactly the candidate that they are looking for, but I am confident that what God has for me is best and am just hoping that it comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment